|I got my hair done last week. I had her put in a lot more dark throughout instead of a solid Ombre', I now have more of the Balyage look. It doesn't look very different in this picture but I assure you my hair is a lot darker!|
So I've decided that growing up isn't easy. And sometimes having to choose to be an adult is not very fun. For those out there who are married or have kids it is probably even harder because you have people counting on you to be an adult. I really only have myself to blame for the moments that I choose to be a kid. So in an effort to convince myself that being a "grown up" isn't all bad, I decided to make a list of the "Top 10 Reasons Why Being an Adult Doesn't Always Suck."
10. I am in charge of my own money: I can go to Target and buy new boots when I want to and I can pay over $200 to get my hair done... :/ I actually didn't see that coming last week when she told me what I owed her. Yikes.
9. I get to choose where I live: If I wanted to move to Austin Texas tomorrow, I could. That's my choice. Currently I choose Portland, but that could change.
8. I go to bed and wake up when I say: Sometimes I just need to watch one more episode of Gilmore Girls before I am ready for lights out. In turn that means I usually give myself a half hour to get ready in the morning but again, that is completely my decision.
7. I get to wear makeup and high heels: I wear what I want without the fear of coming downstairs to "Katie Gwen you march right back upstairs and try again.." Trust me, I heard that a lot growing up.
6. I am allowed to have alcohol: I can meet a friend for Happy Hour after work, or come home and have a glass of wine with my roommate while we watch "Friday Night Lights."
5. My opinion finally matters: Whether that's at work, or with Young Life or with my family/friends, what I have to say matters. That might be partly due to the fact that I have a College Degree now, so I was actually taught how to form an opinion. College does wonderful things for a person.
4. I can listen to Rap music and watch MTV if I want: This one is self-explanatory.
3. I have my own place to live: That means I can have people over for dinner, or if someone needs a place to stay they can stay with me. My House, My Rules. (That seems appropriate to put there..)
2. I cook dinner when I want, and how I want: This also means I can eat out when I want. I'm the Boss.
1. I can be spontaneous and I have no one to report to but myself! I remember when I was a freshman in college that was a crazy concept to grasp. I no longer had to tell my mom where I was going and with whom. I got home at 2 in the morning and I wasn't grounded the next day. It was great. Now that I am an actual adult (post college is really when you are considered an adult) I go about my business as I please. A friend calls and wants to go for a hike or drive to the beach, it's up to me if I want to go! My plans, are my plans, or my lack of plans are MY lack of plans. It doesn't involve anyone else.
Well that is my list. I have been watching "Gilmore Girls" on repeat for the past month and I love Lorelais's character because she is a kid trapped in an adult's body. That is how I feel alot of the time, and I find myself wishing I was a kid again with no real responsibility. Because with that responsibility comes stress and dead lines, and bills and so on. I needed to create a list of things that are nice about being an adult. Honest moment though... Finding 10 things was actually harder than I thought. Meaning that being an adult isn't always fun, and sometimes I wish I could just hide in my bed with my head under the sheets and not have to face real life sometimes. Maybe some of you reading this can relate and maybe some of you reading this have other great reasons to share why being an adult doesn't always suck. Please leave comments below so I have other things to be happy about. Haha!
Love and Being an Adult