|HUGE shout out to my good friend Dan Sagers for his athleticism and willingness to participate in my Blog! He makes Men's Health look good!|
June is Men's Health Month and seeing as how I think I possibly have more male readers than women, I thought it would be fun to do a post for you loyal male readers of mine! The only real reason I say I think I have more male followers than women, is because you men are really the only ones who actually tell me you read my Blog... ha. So big shout out to you guys and a big thanks!
Personally, I have always focused much more on the fitness/physical exercise side of staying healthy and in shape. I do eat fairly healthy overall, but I know I NEED to be BETTER on the diet side of my health and fitness routine, which you can find here. This isn't news to you guys, you know this about me already. But today, I am here to talk MEN'S health, so for the men in your life, or for you men reading this we need to go over a few things.
1) PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE go to the Doctor and get a check up. It's important to have your heart checked and your cholesterol levels, and get an update from a Doctor on how you're doing overall! Starting early so you feel more confident and comfortable going to see a Doctor is a really good thing, and will put the people in your life that care about you more at ease knowing you're healthy.
2) Eat a good breakfast that is full of PROTEIN! Whether that be Avocado on Toast, or Eggs with Chicken Sausage like I like, just make sure you are consuming calories in the morning to start your day right.
3) Get lots of SLEEP and drink lots of WATER!! Men I'm assuming are less picky about their skin, especially their face. However, water doesn't only keep your body going and your digestive system working properly but it is also incredible for your SKIN. Drinking lots of water promotes healthy glowing skin, and what person wouldn't want that?!
4) Take snacks with you to work that are healthy and full of protein to keep you going throughout the day. Looking for a great place to order healthy snacks from?! Please do yourself a favor and check out nuts.com. They have great healthy snacks you can find here. They also have great protein options you can find here. This company is great because they are family owned and they are also a convenience based company that will ship right to your doorstep!! They have all kinds of great snacks along with recipes you can use the ingredients for!
5) Lastly, make sure you are exercising. Whether that is through playing basketball with friends a few nights a week, or doing some cross-fit workouts like my friend Dan demonstrated in the pictures above. Just make sure you are getting some cardio in to help keep your heart strong.
So here's to you Men and to keeping you HEALTHY and THRIVING! Take care of yourselves. No one can do that for you. You get one body, so take care of it. Take note of what you put in your body and how you condition it. Do it for yourself, and do it for those in your life that love you, so you can be around longer to love them back.
Thank you again for reading, and remember to check out nuts.com!!
Love and Men's Health